A sprinkling of polenta for crunch and some bacon for flavour turn these smashed potatoes into a sensational side dish.
The ingredient of Crispy smashed potatoes with bacon
- 1.5kg chat potatoes
- 1 tablespoon polenta
- 2 small lemons, thickly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 rashers thick shortcut bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
The instruction how to make Crispy smashed potatoes with bacon
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, partially covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Drain. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to prepared trays. Using a potato masher, gently press down on potatoes to flatten. Sprinkle potatoes with polenta. Arrange lemon slices around potatoes. Using a small, sharp knife, cut a slit in each garlic clove and place on prepared trays. Sprinkle with bacon and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes for 40 minutes, swapping trays halfway through cooking, or until golden and crisp. Serve.
Nutritions of Crispy smashed potatoes with baconfatContent: 200.999 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 27.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 4 milligrams cholesterol