Dont know what to eat on the keto diet? Try this easy creamy satay bowl with chicken thigh fillets and zucchini noodles – its perfect for dinner.
The ingredient of Keto satay chicken bowl with zoodle salad recipe
- 60ml (1/4 cup) peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 (125g each) chicken thigh fillets
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 180ml (3/4 cup) coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 40g (1/4 cup) chopped roasted salted peanuts
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 large zucchini, trimmed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
The instruction how to make Keto satay chicken bowl with zoodle salad recipe
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, 2 garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon curry powder and the ginger in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour to marinate.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add the chilli and the remaining garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in the peanut butter, coconut milk and soy sauce. Simmer, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until thickened slightly. Reserve 2 teaspoons chopped peanuts for serving. Stir the remaining peanuts and the lime juice into the sauce. Set aside, covered to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, use a spiralizer to cut the zucchini into long noodles or cut the zucchini lengthwise with a vegetable peeler then cut into long strips.
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes each side or until lightly charred and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thickly slicing.
- Divide the zucchini u2018noodlesu2019 among bowls. Top with chicken, cucumber and tomatoes then drizzle with the warm satay sauce.
Nutritions of Keto satay chicken bowl with zoodle salad recipefatContent: 520.781 calories
saturatedFatContent: 39 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein