These crunchy schnitzels are sure to become family favourites.
The ingredient of Herb crumbed beef schnitzel
- 2 cups (120g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- Plain flour, to coat (about 1/2 cup)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 x 120g beef schnitzel
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra light olive oil
- 1kg coliban potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, extra
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Herb crumbed beef schnitzel
- Combine the breadcrumbs, mint, parsley and parmesan. Season the flour. Lightly whisk eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Press the meat into the flour using one hand. Shake to remove any excess. Transfer meat to your other hand. Dip into the egg then press into the breadcrumbs. Pat the breadcrumbs onto the meat until both sides are coated.
- Heat half the olive oil a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add 2 pieces of the crumbed meat. Cook for about 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Repeat with the remaining oil and crumbed beef.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash with the olive oil. Slice the schnitzels in half and serve with the mashed potato, lemon wedges and salad leaves.
Nutritions of Herb crumbed beef schnitzelfatContent: 923.496 calories
saturatedFatContent: 51 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48 grams protein
sodiumContent: 212 milligrams cholesterol